Practical OSINT for Everyday Social Engineers at Layer8 Conference
June 4 @ 8:30 am - June 5 @ 5:30 pm UTC+0$1,500
About this Event
Class Description: Practical OSINT techniques make performing any investigation more efficient and applicable in staging real world attacks for clients, which shows an accurate representation of real world vulnerability. This course teaches the mindset behind successful Open Source Intelligence investigators.
- Non-Technical OSINT
- Observational Skills
- Vishing Skills as part of OSINT
- Google Hacking: Using Google to uncover all the secrets
- End-to-End OSINT Investigation Steps: Covering every step of running an OSINT investigation when all you have is a browser and a command line.
- Social Media Recon: Ripping data out of social media platforms to use in attacks.
- Put it all to use: The Practical Live Challenge – a 3-4 hour event
Why should people attend your course?:
We teach an investigative mindset with a business focus, to assist with network penetration tests, social engineering attacks, and general data searching techniques. We focus on only the tools and resources we need to accomplish our goals, while teaching adaptability when tools and resources change.
The top 3 takeaways you will learn:
1) An understanding of OSINT as a practice with hand-on exercises.
2) What a real world, professional OSINT investigation consists of and exercises to put that knowledge to work immediately.
3) Techniques to carry out OSINT investigations with the right mindset to adapt to changing tools and resources.
Audience: Anyone who wants to enhance their daily investigative skills in OSINT.
Any security professional who wants to use the internet to uncover information about people.
- Laptop with wireless network card
- Remote Desktop client for the operating system of their choice
- Some general knowledge of OSINT
- Willingness to learn new things
- Willingness to work as part of a team
Early Bird Pricing: $1,500
After March 31, 2020: $1,750